Friday, October 1, 2010

Hanging at the Zoo

Today was a free day at our (relatively) local zoo.

It also happened to be a day my kids had off from school.

So, we went. 1+4. We had so much fun. I am so excited that they are getting to the ages where I can take them places and not have to panic the whole time about an extra set of eyes on them.

We rode the train, followed all the walkways and saw all the animals. They each had there favorites, and the excitement rolling off of them all afternoon was so funny.

Wyatt keeps telling me it was the best day of his life.
His favorite was feeding the giant koi fish.

Rylee loves the leopards and tigers, and of course the gibbons.

Tyler, obviously, is convinced the lions talk to him. He thinks they wake up just to say hi to him. He loves them so much. I am glad the fence is high, or I am pretty sure he would be trying to hug them.

Dylon, my sweety, when asked his favorite part, he says the train ride, and playing on the playground. Then after he talks for a bit he will mention some animals too.





My seat partners for the train. Too cute.


The big guy kept following the girl around, she was trying to nap, he kept nipping her tail and pulling on her ears. She kept getting up and walking away. He wasn't giving up, she wasn't giving in. Too funny. I guess even beautiful lioness' get headaches. hehe


The giraffes amaze me, so beautiful and graceful, while gangly and awkward at the same time. I think I could watch them all day.


My crew, waiting to go.

This is a big deal,
Clearly.
And the boys. The best of friends, the worst of friends. Today was a besties day, and it truly was a blessing!





No comments: