Today Lonnie started his new job. This is a job he has been looking at for a few years, and was told no, since he had no degree. Now he does, so he has a job. He is working for Work Force Development as a Veterans Resource Officer. His job is to assist Vets, both new and old with finding employment, education and other VA programs that may help them. Since this is an area that we have huge experience in, I think he will be great. He has tried out a couple of other jobs this year, but in each situation, we both felt like God was telling him to wait, that this was not what he had for him. Most others didn't understand it, but we both felt a peace when he left each of them. I am really praying that God will also speak just as clearly to us that this IS the right thing at the right time.
Today is the day that we feel like adults again. Lonnie has been home for awhile now, hanging out. SO today when he went to work, I kinda feel like now I can be a grown up again. I am a pretty big procrastinator, and I function much better when there is s schedule in place for me to follow. When he will be home at certain time, then I know when have to have things done. Lonnie likes the house fairly picked up, and when he is home all day, I can't keep up, so I kinda just give up. It really isn't pretty at all. So with him gone, I get time to read my book, or take a nap, or do what ever, and not feel guilty, because I know that when he comes home, I will have it all picked up and looking good. He isn't dumb, he knows I do it this way, but he says he doesn't care. He says if I want the chaos and clutter all day he really doesn't care, he just doesn't want it. So it works for us.
So I will get it all ready before he comes home. Have a great dinner planned and basically be Suzy. I really love being Suzy.
1 comment:
I really love a good schedule.
I know where you get it.
I do however, like to get it all done, then park myself with the reading material of my choice.
Looking forward to reading your newest chapter. Congrats!
Post a Comment